Canvassing/Solicitation Permit Procedures, Application, Insurance Waiver Release
- The application is a fill-in form, and must be completed in full and signed.
- Submission of the application must include legible copies of the driver’s license/photo ID for ALL canvassers.
- Mail all documents to the address on the application. Documents may also be emailed to: Robin VanLeer – email@example.com
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- NO canvassing/solicitation may take place until an official township permit has been issued.
- Each solicitor is required to carry (at all times) a photo ID and a copy of the permit issued by Lancaster Township.
- Each solicitor must comply if a resident requests to see the solicitor’s photo ID and township issued permit.
- Solicitation shall only occur within Lancaster Township during the following hours: Monday thru Friday from 5:00pm to 8:00pm, and Saturday & Sunday from Noon to 8:00pm.
- Solicitors must conduct themselves in a polite and courteous manner at all times. No “hard-sell” tactics will be tolerated.
- No solicitor, peddler or canvasser shall contact any residence within Lancaster Township that has a sign posted in the window or door indicating solicitation/canvassing is not desired at that residence.
- To read the complete ordinance, click here.